Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Being Alone On This Path

I spent some time with an old friend this week who I hadn't seen in about 3 years. She is in the same boat that I am, probably worse. She also has Fibromyalgia along with RSD, Degenerative Disk Disease, arthritis and a few other chronic problems. 
This morning I was leaving her a message on Facebook and happened to click on her info tab. Reading her comment about herself living with these conditions brought tears to my eyes. She stated how lonely it is not having friends because "no one wants to hang out with someone who is in pain" 
This is true and has been in my case many times. We aren't chronic complainers regarding the pain, in fact most of us try to hide it the best we can. But the truth, be it for whatever reason, is that we don't have a lot of friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment